Issue / Question
The default name of the Zebra Android devices are similar to Android Consumer device names. Network Administrators may want to change this to be better identifiable. There is no setting on the device UI for this. StageNow is needed.
TC8000, TC51, TC75, TC70, MC40, MC67, MC92N0, MC32N0, MC3300, TC20, ET50, VC80X
Resolution / Answer
The only way to change the host name of the device is to use StageNow. Or the EMDK for Software developers. This Article will describe the StageNow for MX 5.1+ method.
Install the latest StageNow version on your PC: "staging_solution_signed_X.xx.exe"
Then in StageNow GUI go to:
- Create new Profile > select the MX version to match the one installed on your device (Settings > SW Components > MXNF version) For this article use MX 5.1 or later.
- Go to Xpert Mode > Create > Enter Profile Name > Start > in the Settings tab select HostsMgr > click on + (right hand side) > Add
- Host name: > type in the new name > Continue > Complete Profile
- In the Barcode type > select StageNow as a Client for the PDF417 and select Test. Requires 2D scanner. 1D requires printing the Linear barcode instead.
- Open the StageNow client on the device and scan the resulting barcode > you will receive the confirmation that the device was staged successfully