Configure DataWedge for SPP mode which can persist cold boot
Article ID: 38709488
Issue / Question
How to configure DataWedge for cold boot persistence?
After a cold boot, DataWedge status is idle and RS507 connection is lost
Resolution / Answer
A. Configure RS507
1. Scan SPP barcode below or from the RS507 Product Reference Guide section 7-18 (e-page 192). Read More>>
2. Cold boot (remove and re-insert battery)
3. Pair and connect the RS507 to the MC32/ MC92 device.
B. Configure DataWedge
1. Launch DataWedge from its shortcut from Desktop
2. Tap on Running to toggle it to Yes
3. Tap on Advanced Configuration> Profiles> Profile0> Input> Serial> COM9: BT Serial> Enabled
* at this point, Enabled should have a check mark just before the number 1
4. Tap Back 3x to save changes
5. Tap Routes> Routes0> Input> Plugin Scanner> Serial
* at this point, Serial should have a check mark just before the number 1
6. Tap Back 3x to save changes
7. Tap Home then Exit
8. When prompted, 'Are you sure you want to exit'> Hit OK
9. DataWedge Status = Ready
* at this point the DW status icon shows up with a green check mark.
C. Export DataWedge settings
1. From the DataWedge main screen, tap Advanced configuration
2. Tap Settings> Export>
3. Tap OK on the pop-up message: You are about to export the current configuration to the \Application\DataWedgeStoredConfig folder overwriting anything already there.
1. Cold boot the MC32/ MC92
2. To reconnect the RS507 simply press the restore key (gray side button)
3. On the MC32/ MC92, tap Yes to accept the authentication request and allow re-pairing.
+ Applicable Products
- MC3100 Mobile Computer
- MC9190-G Mobile Computer