Issue / Question
How to configure Wi-Fi settings to persist even after an Enterprise Reset?
How to configure Wi-Fi settings to persist after OS update that results in an Enterprise Reset (example TC70 KitKat to Lollipop upgrade)?
All Zebra Android devices (KitKat and later)
Resolution / Answer
Persist Manager allows administrators to designate Request XML documents as Persistent, which causes those settings documents to remain on the device following an Enterprise Reset or an OS Update that results in an Enterprise Reset, and optionally to have their settings reapplied. Read More>>
1. In StageNow Tool, create a new profile in Expert Mode using MX 4.4 or later.
2. Add Wi-Fi Manager twice then Persist Manager.
3. The first Wi-Fi Manager is to 'Add a New Network' which can be the same SSID that the device is already using to connect to WLAN network.
4. The second Wi-Fi manager is to 'Connect to an Existing Network' which is the SSID from step 3.
5. The Persist Manager when set to 'Add current XML as persist profile' will make the Wi-Fi settings persistent even after an Enterprise Reset or OS update that results in an Enterprise Reset.