Issue / Question
How to connect cordless scanner via Bluetooth SPP master mode?
DS2278, DS6878, DS8178
Resolution / Answer
NOTE Zebra Support Community Site has been updated to replace obsolete industry terms with modern terminology. This article uses the term Central instead of Master, and Peripheral instead of Slave.
- Stop the CoreScanner.exe in service.msc.
- Depending on which OS you are running go to Bluetooth Setting where you can add/remove "COM Ports". Then add an incoming COM port (you can use existing if its already there)
- Open the COM port on the application you are using to capture the data. (e.g. TeraTerm, Putty and so on)
- Scan the setting barcode of "SPP BT Classic (Non-Discoverable)" - for DS2278 and DS8178 or "Serial Port Profile (Master)" for DS6878 from Product Reference Guide.
- Scan pairing barcode (Host’s Bluetooth MAC address) - which you can use 123scan2 to create or refer to the Product Reference Guide on the format of the barcode needed to create.
- On the host, accept the connection if prompted on the connection request,
- Scanner should now be connected to your host.
- Now you should be able to scan via BT SPP master mode.