Issue / Question
How to connect cordless scanner via Bluetooth SPP master mode?
DS2278, DS6878, DS8178
Resolution / Answer
- Stop the CoreScanner.exe in service.msc.
- Depending on which OS you are running go to Bluetooth Setting where you can add/remove "COM Ports". Then add an incoming COM port (you can use existing if its already there)
- Open the COM port on the application you are using to capture the data. (e.g. TeraTerm, Putty and so on)
- Scan the setting barcode of "SPP BT Classic (Non-Discoverable)" - for DS2278 and DS8178 or "Serial Port Profile (Master)" for DS6878 from Product Reference Guide.
- Scan pairing barcode (Host’s Bluetooth MAC address) - which you can use 123scan2 to create or refer to the Product Reference Guide on the format of the barcode needed to create.
- On the host, accept the connection if prompted on the connection request,
- Scanner should now be connected to your host.
- Now you should be able to scan via BT SPP master mode.