Connect LS3408-ER Corded Scanner to a Serial Port of the VC70 (Serial)
Article ID: 05635019
Issue / Question
How to connect LS3408-ER corded scanner to a serial port (RS-232) of the VC70N0 in Serial Mode?
Resolution / Answer
1. Connect the serial scanner cable (RJ45 end) to the LS3408 scanner.
2. Connect the other end (RS232 / DB9) of this serial scanner cable to the COM1 port of the VC70N0. CAUTION: Do not use tools to secure connector thumbscrews. Only tighten thumbscrews by hand.
3. From the VC70N0 desktop, tap Settings> Control Panel> System Manager>
4. Enable 'External Scanner Power (COM1)'
5. Tap OK to close System Manager
4. Scan the Set All Defaults barcode. The following barcodes are also available in section 4-11 and 4-12 of the VC70N0 Product Reference Guide posted in Support Portal. Read More>>
Note: The Set All Defaults barcode allows the scanner to reset from any previous configuration to the default configuration
5. Scan the Serial Configuration barcode
6. Scan the Host: RTS High barcode.
Note: RTS must be configured High to enable reading.
7. Scan the Send Row Decode Data barcode.
8. Scan Write to Custom Defaults barcode.
9. From the VC70N0 desktop, tap the DataWedge shortcut to launch the DataWedge application.
10. On the DataWedge main screen, tap Running to show No.