Issue / Question
How to configure VC80x for RS-232 scanner?
RS-232 scanner like the LS3408, DS3508, DS3608 and LI3608
Resolution / Answer
A. To connect an RS-232 scanner:
1. On the bottom of the VC80x, remove the connector cover from either the COM1 or COM2 port.
2. Connect the scanner cable RS-232 connector to either the COM1 or COM2 port and to the scanner.
3. Tighten the RS-232 connect thumb screws.
B. Configure VC80x for RS-232 scanner
1. Open VC Settings On the home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the home screen and touch VC Settings.
2. Enable COM port power. Touch +5V output on Serial Port 1 if the RS-232 scanner is connected to the COM1 port or +5V output on Serial Port 2 if the scanner is connected to the COM2 port.
The scanner powers up and beeps.
RS-232 scanner is connected to COM1
6. Touch Back
7. Open DataWedge
8. Select a profile. Example Profile0
9. Scroll down to Serial port input from Serial port 1 or Serial port input from Serial port 2.
10. Touch Enabled. A check appears in the checkbox to the right.
Since RS-232 scanner is connected to COM1, will enable Serial port input from Serial port 1.
By default, serial settings are set for all Zebra scanners. Other non-Zebra scanner may need configuration. Refer to the scanner user guide for more information.
11. If needed, touch Serial port configuration to configure Baud rate, Data bits, Parity, Stop bits and Flow Control.