Connecting MC9190 WEH6.5 and RS6000 Bluetooth Scanner using SSI mode
Article ID: 53165948
Issue / Question
How to pair and connect an RS6000 Bluetooth ring scanner to an MC9190 Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 mobile computer?
Resolution / Answer
Clean boot the RS6000
- Remove battery.
- Press and hold the Restore Key.
- Insert the battery into the RS6000.
- Continue to press and hold the Restore Key for about five seconds until a chirp is heard and the Scan LEDs flash green.
* The RS6000 is now in its factory default configuration.
From the MC9190
- Start > BTScannerCtlPanel > Enable check box.
- Select target COM port. Example COM5.
- Then choose “Save and Exit”.
- Start > BT Information > Generate Local BD Address Barcode (scan this barcode with the RS6000).
- Tap OK to close BT Information BT address screen.
- Tap OK to close BT Information.
- Launch Datawedge on the MC9190
- On Datawedge main menu, click “Running” twice. Choose “Basic Config” afterwards
- Choose Option 1 – Scanner Input
- Choose “Bluetooth SSI Scanner Driver” (option 2)
- Choose “Enabled” therefore putting a check mark next to it, then click “Home” on top right
- Exit (option 0), then OK to acknowledge
- Tap on Running to toggle to Yes
- At this point, DataWedge will show a status of Ready
- Tap OK to close DataWedge
* At this point, the RS6000 is now connected and paired. You can test using DataWedge Demo
+ Applicable Products
- MC9190-G Mobile Computer
- RS6000 Ring Scanner