Issue / Question
How to create a Bluetooth pairing barcode using 123Scan utility?
Applicable to most if not all Zebra Windows and Android devices
VC80X and VC80
Resolution / Answer
This article provides a way to generate a Bluetooth pairing barcode in case the customer needs it other than what is available from the BTUI (Windows), Bluetooth Pairing Utility (Android) or from the vehicle mounted computers like the VC80/ VC80x housing.
A. To create a pairing barcode, first we determine the device Bluetooth radio MAC address. Example for the VC80 Bluetooth radio MAC address:
1. Click the Bluetooth status icon in the system tray and select 'Open Settings'.
2. Click on 'Hardware' tab.
3. Select 'Bluetooth Radio' in the Devices list then click 'Properties' button.
4. Click on 'Advanced' tab
5. The Bluetooth MAC Address is displayed in the 'Address' line. (Example: c4:8e:8f:fe:31:06)
B. Then we create a pairing barcode using 123Scan. This utility is available from Support Portal. Link below.
1. Launch 123Scan
2. Upper right, click on 'Barcodes'
3. Select 'Bluetooth bar codes'then select 'Bluetooth serial port profile (master) pairing bar code'
4. At the top, in the 'Pairing value' enter the VC80 Bluetooth radio MAC address from Step 5 of Part A (must be upper case and without the semicolon). Example C48E8FFE3106
5. Click on 'generate bar code' button to create the pairing barcode. Example screen shot: