Issue / Question
Initiating a Backspace function after every scan
With regular scanner, it can scan <BS> barcode to initiate a Backspace without ADF.
The same <BS> barcode will not work on Zebra Android devices.
DataWedge ADF rule is needed
Android DataWedge version 6.3 and above
TC25, TC20, MC3300, TC52, TC57, TC51, TC75, TC70, TC8000, TC56, TC75X, TC70X, MC9200
Resolution / Answer
To erase a Character(s) of any variable length barcode, ADF (Advance Data Formatting) need to be enable in DataWedge.
- Open DataWedge
- Select Profile (e.g: Profile 0)
- Scroll to Keystroke Output
- Under Keystroke Output select Advance Data Formatting
- Check Enable to enable the ADF
- Select Rule0 or create new rule
- Check Rule Enable
- Select Action
- If Rule0 was selected Send Remaining will be visible. Retain the setting
- If new rule was created, add New Action > Send Remaining
- Add another New Action > Remove Character
- In Remove Characters Parameter set Remove Chars to end
- Set How Many Characters to 1 (any other desired number)