Issue / Question
How to initiate a Backspace function after every scan?
Android DataWedge version 6.3 and above
TC25, TC20, MC3300, TC52, TC57, TC51, TC75, TC70, TC8000, TC56, TC75X, TC70X, MC9200
Resolution / Answer
To erase a character(s) of any variable-length barcode, ADF (Advance Data Formatting) must be enabled in DataWedge.
- Open DataWedge.
- Select Profile (e.g: Profile0).
- Scroll to Keystroke Output.
- Under Keystroke Output select Advance Data Formatting.
- Check Enable to enable the ADF.
- Open Rules.
- Select Rule0.
- Select Action.
- Tap on the 3-dots (upper-left), and select New Action.
- Add Remove character.
- Tap Remove characters and set Remove chars to end.
- Set How many characters to the desired number such as 1.
- Tap back.
- Tap and hold the 3 lines beside the Remove characters, and drag it up so that it will be above Send remaining. See the screenshot below: