Issue / Question
Debugging android device over Wifi when it is not allowed to do USB debugging while detected charging.
MC33, TC20, TC25, TC51, TC56, TC52, TC72, TC57, TC70, TC75, TC77
Resolution / Answer
1. Please enable developer mode and USB debugging mode first, you may refer to link .
2. Ensure your device is able to detect via adb by using
3. Change the target device to listen to TCP/IP connection on port 5555 by using
adb tcpip 5555
Note: Please ensure both PC and device are connected on the same network.
4. Get your device IP address via
Settings> About tablet (or About phone) > Status > IP address
adb shell netcfg
5. Disconnect your device with USB once you obtained the IP address and use adb command to connect to your device IP.
adb connect 10.31.201.190:5555
6. Once you see it is returned with connected device IP, then you can launch your android IDE to debug via IP.