Issue / Question
How to decode barcode that contain Chinese, Japanese, Korea (CJK) character?
DS2200, DS4308, DS8100, DS3600
Resolution / Answer
Setting on Host:
To support the Unicode universal output method, set up the Windows host registry table as follows:
1. Select Start > Run > regedit32 to start the registry editor.
2. Under HKEY_Current_User\Control Panel\Input Method, set EnableHexNumpad to "1" as follows:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Input Method] "EnableHexNumpad"="1"
If this key does not exist, add it as type REG_SZ (string value).
3. Reboot the computer to implement the registry change.
** This is only needs to do once on the same host **
To add desired CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korea) input language:
1. Click Start> All programs> Control Panel> Region and Language> Administrative> Change system locale.
2. Select your desire input language, for example: Chinese (Simplified, PRC)
3. Click OK to apply the setting.
Setting on Scanner:
1. Set your scanner to factory default setting.
2. In Product Reference Guides, scan your desire country code. For example, scan on “Chinese (simplified)”.
3. For UTF-8 setting, please scan on bar code below
4. Now the scanner should be able to decode on CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korea) font.