Issue / Question
How to disable Bluetooth radio on a VC70N0 mobile computer?
Bluetooth radio is re-enabled after a cold boot, how to disable and persist after a cold boot?
Resolution / Answer
1. Install StartupCtl (Startup Control)
1.1 Installer available from Support Portal.
1.2 Installations instructions posted HERE
2. Modify the OnReset.txt and OnRestore.txt files to include the following commands:
2.1 OnReset.txt is located in \Application\StartupCtl\OnReset folder
2.2 OnRestore.txt is located in \Application\StartupCtl\OnRestore folder
3. Create a batch file, example btoff.cmd, with the following commands:
\windows\btcmd radio off
4. Create a shortcut for this batch file, example btoff.lnk, with the following command:
5. Copy the btoff.cmd and btoff.lnk files into the VC70 \Application partition
At this point, after a warm boot or cold reset, the Bluetooth radio will be automatically disabled.