Issue / Question
How to remove the ]C1 when scanning a GS1-128 barcode?
Omnii XT15 installed with EV15 integrated scanner
Resolution / Answer
For Omnii XT15 with Intermec EV15 built-in scanner, scanning a GS1-128 barcode the data decoded will start with characters ]C1.
This is because for GS1-128 barcode, the FNC1 codes are decoded as ]C1 for the first FNC1.
For additional FNC1 codes it is decoded as <GS> (ASCII character 29) as per the GS1 General Specifications.
To disable GS1-128 Identifier:
1. Open Scanner Settings from Control Panel
2. Under Barcodes tab, expand Code 128
3. By default, GS1-128 Identifier is ON. Double-tap to turn OFF.
4. Tap OK to save. Scanner Services (SCS) will restart.
5. At this point, when you scan a GS1-128 barcode, the leading character ]C1 is automatically removed.