Issue / Question
Is there a way to disable the scanner sounds when the ET50 powers up?
ET5x Scanner Expansion back and ET51 Enterprise Tablet with Integrated Scanner
Resolution / Answer
Scan one of the configuration barcodes below to Suppress Startup Beeps:
- Suppress Startup Beeps (without Factory reset)
- Suppress Startup Beeps (with the initial Factory reset, erases all previously configured settings)
If the scanner does not accept the programming barcode, it may be timing out accepting it.
On Android tablets, ensure that an input field is selected or the scanner will not be activated.
From suspended tablet, perform the steps below:
(This may not work on Android tablets).
- Suspend the Tablet.
- Resume the Tablet.
- Unlock the tablet (if locked).
- Tap an input field.
- Scan the programming barcode.
From powered off state for Windows or Android, perform the steps below:
- Power the tablet off.
- Power the tablet on.
- Immediately trigger the scanner repeatedly to read the programming barcode.
- The scanner illumination is not on during this process.
- You will hear the startup beeps, followed by the programming confirmation beeps.
Zebra's 123Scan Utility for Windows is used to create configuration barcodes.
- The ET5x family uses the PL3307 or PL5000 decoder boards, as noted for the models below.
- Suppress Power Up Beeps is under the General settings section.
Applicable to Models