Issue / Question
RS507 / RS6000 ring scanner is paired and connected but no scanner beam
How to configure DataWedge to receive scan data from a Zebra Bluetooth scanner in SSI mode?
Resolution / Answer
If customer is using DataWedge for scan-wedge, then follow the steps below. Else another application (example Wavelink TelnetCE) can be use to control the Bluetooth scanner.
1. Open DataWedge (Start> Settings> Control Panel)
2. Select 'Basic Configuration'
3. Navigate to Scanner Input> 'Bluetooth SSI Scanner Driver'
4. Tap 1. Enabled (to enable; a check mark before the #1 will appear)
5. Tap Back twice then exit 'Basic Configuration'
6. Tap Running to start DataWedge
7. Status should be Ready (green color).