Issue / Question
How to enable CDC COM port emulation on Windows 7 and later
Resolution / Answer
1. Download ONE of the following files based on the architecture of your Windows computer from USB CDC Driver for Windows page:
- 64 Bit COM Emulation Drivers
- 32 Bit COM Emulation Drivers
2. Install the downloaded file.
3. Reboot the Windows PC.
4. Scan the following bar code which should also be available from the scanner manual. For the DS8108, it is on page 62 of the product reference guide. Read More>> .
5. Your scanner should now show up in Device Manager with a COM port number.