Enable Caps Lock on Wavelink TelnetCE configured for VT Host
Article ID: 62193498
Issue / Question
Customer wants to know if there is a way to have SHIFT locked for alphabetic keys but not for numeric.
Mobile Computers running Wavelink TelnetCE v7.3.x configured for VT Host
Resolution / Answer
The Caps Lock changes the initial keyboard mode, starting with all keys as upper case or lower case depending on the setting.
- The 5250/3270 emulation defaults to having Caps Lock On.
- The VT/HP defaults to off.
Either default mode may be overridden with this option.
If the Never Change option is selected, the Caps Lock state will not be adjusted by Telnet.
|Off||5250/3270 - OFF||VT/HP - OFF|
|On||5250/3270 - ON||VT/HP - ON|
|Default||5250/3270 - ON||VT/HP - OFF|
1. Using the Wavelink TelnetCE Product Configuration tool installed on your PC, modify the Emulation> Keyboard> Caps Lock setting from Default to On.
2. Save then push this new config to the mobile computer
3. Restart TelnetCE client
+ Applicable Products
- Omnii XT15 Mobile Computer Series
- VH10 Vehicle-mounted Computer