Issue / Question
RFD8500 1D/2D barcode scanner will not read Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF) bardode
Resolution / Answer
1. Download and install 123Scan Utility. Link below
123SCAN UTILITY (FOR WINDOWS XP, 7, 8, 8.1 AND 10)
2. Connect USB cable (microUSB) from RFD8500 to Windows PC
3. Launch 123Scan
4. Create new configuration file
5. Select My scanner is connected via USB cable
6. Click the blue button within the “RFD8500-COMMON MODELS” box area
7. In the Wizard, step 2, select symbology 'Interleaved 2 of 5'
8. Check the box 'Interleaved 2 of 5'
9. Expand Options
10. Change 'Interleaved 2 of 5 lengths' to 'All lengths'
11. Click 'Done' button (at bottom of app)
12. Click 'Load to scanner' (at top bar of app)
13. In the 'compatible scanner(s)' table, click the button that represents your RFD8500 device (typically denoted by serial number)
14. Exit out of 123Scan2 app
15. Disconnect USB cable from RFD8500
16. Turn off the RFD8500
a. To reboot, press and hold the power button on right side for 5+ seconds.
b. You should hear a quick beep, followed by descending beeps about 2 seconds after that. The power LED will also turn off.
17. Turn the RFD8500 back on
a. Press and hold the power button on right side for 5+ seconds
b. You should hear 3 ascending beeps indicating success. The power button LED should also be solid green.
At this point, the RFD8500 should be able to read Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF)