Issue / Question
NetMon is a wireless packet capture tool that is very useful for wireless issue troubleshooting.
Resolution / Answer
- Open Notepad
- Copy the below text and paste it into Notepad:
nmcap /network * /capture /MinDiskQuotaPercentage 20 /file C:\VC\Logs\Netmon\netcap.chn:100MB
- Save the file with a .BAT extension to create a "Batch" file which will generate 100MB of packets in a capture file located in folder C:\VC\Logs\Netmon\
- Please run the batch file with administrator right. A CMD window will pop up and please keep this CMD window running.
- Ensure that netcap file is generated in C:\VC\Logs\Netmon\ when running the batch file.
- After the issue reproduced, please issue Ctrl+C command in CMD window to stop the capture.
- Gather all the netcap files and provide to Tech Support agent.
- Please ensure NetMon logging started before reproducing the issue so that we could record the wireless behavior of VC80.
- Please take note on the IP & MAC address of VC80 & APs that involved during the issue reproduction test. And mark down the issue reproduce time.