Issue / Question
Enable Subnet Roam via Stagenow
Supported on Zebra devices with MX 4.4 and above
Resolution / Answer
Subnet roam is disabled by default and it is important to allow the device to roam between subnets attached to different wireless controllers.
Note: Device will not send any DHCP or ARP after every roam. Only when subnet roam feature is enabled, the device will send ARP to gateway. If gateway is reachable it assumes the same IP address is valid. If gateway is not reachable then it assumes IP address is invalid and initiates DHCP process.
- Create XML file with content as below:
<characteristic type="Wi-Fi" version="4.4" >
<parm name="WiFiAction" value="enable"/>
<parm name="UseAdvancedOptions" value="1"/>
<parm name="SubNetRoam" value="1"/>
- Create Xpert mode profile in Stagenow.
- Select Batch under Settings Tab.
- Follow below settings and browse the XML file that you have created:
- Complete the profile and generate the staging barcodes as below: