Issue / Question
When I pull the scanner trigger button, no RFID is read.
How to enable pistol grip trigger to activate the RFID read?
How to remap GRIP_TRIGGER to activate RFID?
MC3330R and MC3390R Android Oreo
Resolution / Answer
- This feature was first introduced in OREO BSP 02.13.15 – LG16 or higher.
- Supported on DataWedge 7.3.22 (minimum).
- Even though there is Nougat with Datawedge 7.3.22, the SYMBOL_RFID keymapping will not be available in Nougat. RFID Wedge is not supported on Nougat.
- Mapping Grip_Trigger to SYMBOL_RFID key event or SYMBOL_TRIGGER_6 (alias for SYMBOL_RFID) event, they would function the same way.
- Open DataWedge and select target profile. For example, Profile0. (The generic target profile that takes effect for any unassociated foreground app).
- Ensure the RFID Input and Hardware Trigger are both enabled.
- To use the hardware trigger for an RFID action, map it to the RFID.
- Navigate to Android Settings.
- Scroll to Key Programmer.
- Remap the GRIP_TRIGGER to SYMBOL_RFID (or under the TRIGGER tab, select SYMBOL_TRIGGER_6).
- Close Key Programmer.
- For quick testing, you can launch Chrome and read tags when you press the pistol grip trigger.