Issue / Question
How to enable Zebra Volume Control (ZVC) using StageNow Tool?
The Zebra Volume Control component is included on most Zebra Android devices running KitKat and higher.
Resolution / Answer
The Zebra Volume Control (ZVC) component is included on most Zebra Android devices running KitKat and higher. It is enabled by default on all devices except those running Lollipop, on which it must be enabled manually. AudioVolUIMgr is supported only on devices that include the ZVC.
To enable ZVC via StageNow, please create a profile that includes the App Manager. See steps below.
To Adjust ZVC levels, click HERE.
1. Create a profile using MX version 4.4 or higher.
2. Select Expert Mode
3. Add AppMgr
4. Set Action to Enable Application
5. Set Package Name to com.symbol.zebravolumecontrol
6. Set Protected List Action to default setting of Do nothing
7. Continue to Publish and generate either a 1D or 2D barcode. See below example.
8. Scan the barcode using the StageNow client on the supported Zebra Android device.