Issue / Question
How to Create a profile to have scan button wake device
Resolution / Answer
The purpose of this document is to demonstrate how to remap Wakeup Source on MC33N0. For this demonstration,
Will be remapping the Wakeup Source to the scan trigger.
- Customer has StageNow 3.0.1 or greater installed on their PC.
- Device needs to have MX4.4 or greater
- Device has the latest version of OS available for the device installing on (can be either GMS or AOSP version of OS).
For this demonstration I will be using TC51 Marshmallow device.
- On PC
- Open StageNow (v3.0.1 or greater ) on PC
- Log into Admin mode
- Select create new profile
- set MX version that is on the device to 4.4 or greater (can verify in Settings > about phone/device > sw components > MXMF)
- Select xpert mode to create new profile, select create button
- Enter name of profile , select Start button
- Select Settings tab on left , and Deploy tab the Right
- Search for KeyMappingMgr setting on Left and select the plus sign to add to profile
- Section displayed is the KeyMappingMgr section
- Set action to Remap a key
- Choose a key to modify
- Set "Choose a key to modify" to "Scan" (can also set to Trigger if desired)
- Key behavior
- Set "Key behavior " to "Send key-code"
- Set "Key-code" to "Wakeup"
- Select Continue
- you will be brought to a review page
- Can review all the steps you added by selecting the Expand button and alter your settings if you need
- select Complete Profile button
- Select the StageNow checkbox in the Staging Client section for the type of barcode you want to scan with ..
- Select PDF417, if using 2D scanner or Select Linear if using 1D scanner
- Then Select the Test button to generate the barcode.
- This will generate a barcode for you to scan and test to see if it does what you want. ..
- you can select Publish button and Stage button to make it visible for users to access outside of Admin login mode.
- On the device,
- Select the Stage Now Client to activate the scanner to scan the barcode to start the process..
- Note: no wifi connection is needed to scan settings