Issue / Question
How to create a profile to have the Scan button to wake a device?
Zebra Android Devices
Resolution / Answer
This article demonstrates how to remap the Wakeup Source on MC33N0. For this demonstration, we are remapping the Wakeup Source to the Scan trigger.
- Customer has StageNow 3.0.1 or greater installed on their PC.
- Device needs to have MX4.4 or greater
- Device has the latest version of OS available for the device installing on (can be either GMS or AOSP version of OS).
For this demonstration, we are using the TC51 Marshmallow device.
Follow the instructions provided below.
On your PC:
- Open StageNow v3.0.1 or greater.
- Log in to the Admin mode.
- Select Create New Profile.
- Set MX version that is on the device to 4.4 or greater. You can verify it by navigating to Settings > About Phone > SW Components > MXMF.
- Select Xpert Mode to create a new profile, and select the Create button.
- Enter the name of the profile, and select the Start button.
- Select the Settings tab on the left, and the Config tab on the right.
- Search for the KeyMappingMgr setting on the left, and select the plus (+) sign to add to your profile.
- Select the Add button.
- The section displayed is the KeyMappingMgr section.
- Set the action to Remap a key.
- Set Choose a key to modify to Scan. You may also set to Trigger if desired.
- Set Key behavior to Send key-code.
- Set the Key-code to Wakeup.
||NOTE To select Wake-up on several keys, repeat steps 8 to 14 for each key.
- Select Continue.
- You are brought to a Review page, where you can review all the steps you added by selecting the Expand button. You can alter your settings if necessary.
- Select the Complete Profile button.
- Select the StageNow checkbox in the Staging Client section for the type of barcode you want to scan with.
- Select PDF417, if using a 2D scanner, or select Linear if using a 1D scanner.
- Select the Test button to generate the barcode. This generates a barcode for you to scan. Test the barcode.
- Once satisfied, you can select the Publish button and Stage button to make it visible for users to access outside of the Admin login mode.
On the device:
- Select the StageNow client to activate the scanner to scan the barcode and start the process.
||NOTE No wifi connection is needed to scan settings.