Issue / Question
How to disable touch screen double tap to zoom in ET50 Windows 10 Internet Explorer.
ET5x Windows 10 devices
Resolution / Answer
Microsoft Internet Explorer team confirmed that there does not seem to be a way to block double tap zoom from the IE side through configurations or through any policy. Only the option to disable touch screen double tap zoom in Internet explorer is by controlling it on the content being displayed in the Internet Explorer.
Method 1: Using Accessibility feature
- Step 1: Create a text file on the Windows 10 machine and copy below data and rename the text file as >Disable_DoubleTap.css
- Step 2: Go to Internet Explorer _Settings->Internet Options -> Accessibility-> Check "Format document using my style sheet" under User Stylesheet.
- Step 3. Select the Disable_DoubleTap.css file and select OK.
- Step 4. Now test the double tap on Windows 10 Internet Explorer
Method 2: Disabling touch actions in customer web pages:
- Customer can disable double tap in their web pages by setting below parameters to none: