Issue / Question
RNDIS driver is required for PC to connect with RFID Reader via USB.
Windows 7 and 10 PC, FX9600, FX7500
Resolution / Answer
Steps for Windows 10 PC:
- Download and install the Acer Incorporated. - Other hardware - USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and later drivers, Windows Vista, Windows XP from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Double-click the downloaded .CAB file: 20342322_4b9970e3174b23b5cb2371af0837f939a71271ea.cab
- Select both files, the RNDIS.inf and rndis. cat.
- Right-click and select Extract...
- Select RNDIS.inf
- Right-click and select Install.
- Click Open.
- After the operation is completed successfully, retry the USB connection between FX7500 / FX9600 and the Windows 10 computer.
- From your PC, go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Look for unknown or problematic drivers related to USB Ethernet.
- Open up the problem or unknown driver, choose Update driver, and select USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget.
- Once installed successfully, the PC will be able to communicate with RFID Reader via USB connection.
Steps for Windows 7 PC:
Refer to Toradex Developer: How to install Microsoft RNDIS driver for Windows 7.