Issue / Question
Install USB driver for Psion devices when in Boost mode and connected to 64-bit version of Windows 7 or 10
Psion Mobile Computers, 7530G2, 8515, 8525G2, 8530G2, Omnii XT10, Omnii XT15, WorkaboutPro 3, Workabout Pro 4
Resolution / Answer
Part 1: Install USB driver for Psion devices when in Boost mode and connected to 64-bit version of Windows 7 or 10
1. Boot the Psion device into BooSt mode. For more information, Resetting Psion Computers
2. Connect to 64-bit version of Windows 7 or 10 using charge and communication cradle and USB ActiveSync cable.
3. Open Device Manager and look for 'Unknown device' under 'Other devices'
4. Select this device then right-click
5. From the context menu, select 'Update driver'
6. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'
7. Select 'Let me pick from a list of available driver on my computer'
8. Double-click on 'Show All Devices'
9. Under Manufacturer, select 'Compatible USB storage device'
10. Under Model, select 'USB Mass Storage Device'
11. Click [Next]
12. On message 'Update Driver Warning' select [Yes]
13. At this point, the driver should be installed successfully... USB Mass Storage Device available
Example: For WAP4 device in BooSt mode - USB Drive (D:) 127 MB free of 127 MB
Part II: Perform Operating System Update
14. Open this drive and copy here the OS update file(s). Example for WAP4, 7528os.img
After copying the OS image file (example- 7528os.img) safely eject the USB drive by clicking the hardware icon in the notification area, then click 'Eject USB Mass Storage Device' - USB Drive (D:).
*** At this point, the OS update starts and should complete successfully. Device loads the updated OS. ***