Invalid License message appears on Android device when trying to enter a Wavelink Velocity Demo License
Article ID: 15075894
Issue / Question
After receiving a Demo License from Zebra for Wavelink Velocity, the user will try to enter the license, but finds that the license does not enter correctly.
All Android devices running Wavelink's Velocity software
Resolution / Answer
When entering a Demo Wavelink Velocity License to an Android device, you want to make sure of the following:
- Make sure the Licensee Name that you are entering is EXACTLY as you see it on the license that was provided by Zebra. This field is case sensitive.
- Make sure the Serial Number and User Limit are entered correctly.
- Make sure User Number is unique for each device that you are licensing. This is the specific license number that you are using from your User Limit.
- Make sure the Expiration Date is entered correctly.
- Make sure the Authorization Code is entered EXACTLY as you see it on the license that was provided by Zebra. This field is case sensitive.
- Make sure the version of Velocity is already loaded to the device for the license version you are adding
The last bullet above is very important. If you have a 1.2.xxx version of Velocity loaded on your device, and you are trying to add a Version 2.0x license, you will get the message "Invalid License" when you try to add it.
The device needs to have the version of Velocity already loaded on the unit, before you try to add the corresponding Velocity license.
+ Applicable Products
- MC9200 Mobile Computer
- TC55 Touch Computer
- WT6000 Wearable Terminal