Issue / Question
How to modify the antenna transmit power on a FX7500 or FX9600 fixed RFID reader?
How to decrease FX7500 or FX9600 RFID read distance?
Resolution / Answer
Read Points - Advanced
Select Configure Reader > Read points > Advanced in the selection menu to view the Advanced Antenna
Configuration window. Use this window to modify the transmission power of the antenna.
Advanced Antenna Configuration
The current configuration of an antenna has to be retrieved before the advanced configuration settings are applied to one or more selected antennas.
• Get Configuration - Select an antenna to get the current configuration for that antenna. After login, you must get the antenna configuration for an antenna before settings can be applied. The antenna configuration page retains the retrieved settings after login if you do not refresh the page using browser refresh.
• Transmit Power - Displays the current transmit power setting after selecting Get Configuration, and allows changing the transmit power for that antenna. This transmit power level does not include cable loss compensation.
• Save Settings Permanently - Check this to save the settings permanently and persist them across reboots.
• Apply - Select to apply the settings for the selected antennas. This applies the selected transmit power to all selected antennas. The settings are applied immediately and have immediate effect on Inventory/Access operations. Also check Save Setting Permanently to persist these settings across reboots unless modified by another client.
1. Browse the FX7500 / FX9600 device using the host name or IP address.
2. Login as Admin.
3. In the selection menu, select Configure Reader> Read points> Advanced.
4. Retrieve the current configuration (Get Configuration) of an antenna before applying the advanced configuration settings.
5. Modify (increase/ decrease) Transmit Power (dBm) of read point. Default is 30.0.
6. Check 'Save Settings Permanently' to persist settings across reboots.
7. Click Apply to apply the settings for the selected antenna(s).