OS update from KitKat to Lollipop
Article ID: 03412109
Issue / Question
How to upgrade device from KitKat to Lollipop?
Resolution / Answer
Procedure to upgrade device OS from KitKat to Lollipop:
- Download OS recovery package file, M18N0LXXXRUXX20902.zip from Support Portal: https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/operating-system/mc18-operating-system-android.html
- Keep the file in .zip format.
- Connect device to PC via USB port. Note: PC must support MTP.
- Make sure MTP mode is selected in the device's USB setting and MTP driver installed successfully in PC.
- The internal SD card of the MC18 will be seen on your PC as mounted drive MC18N0.
- Copy " M18N0LXXXRUxx20902.zip" file to the root folder of “On Device Storage”.
- Remove USB cable from PC and keep the device in cradle with power supply.
- Press and hold scan button for approximately 10 seconds, now the device will be in power/switch off mode.
- Press the scan button briefly (2 secs) and release it. The device will start to power on.
- Keep holding down scan trigger immediately after the devices powers on in prior step.
- When Android logo appears on the screen release scan trigger. Note: If the terminal is in cradle and the trigger is pressed for more than 10 seconds it will power off. So, in step above, ensure to remove the trigger as soon as the android logo appears.
- Navigation in the recovery menu is as follows:
- Tap on the display to switch through the options/files.
- Press scan button to select an option/file.
- Select "apply update from On Device Storage"
- Navigate and select M18N0LXXXRUxx20902.zip on /sdcard.
- When update is complete, select "reboot system now"
Note: Battery must be 30% charged to perform OS update.
+ Applicable Products