RS6000 SPP mode - Connect and pair with Omnii (XT15 and VH10)
Article ID: 90512412
Issue / Question
How to connect the RS6000 in SPP mode to an Omnii mobile computer?
Resolution / Answer
On the Omnii:
[XT15 / VH10 CE6.0]
1. Enable Bluetooth and Discoverable (from Start> Settings> Control Panel> Bluetooth> Mode tab)
2. Enable Scanner service (from Start> Settings> Control Panel> Bluetooth> Servers tab)
1. Enable Bluetooth and Discoverable (from Start> Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Mode tab)
2. Enable Scanner service (from Start> Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Servers tab)
On the RS6000:
1. Perform Clean Boot
- Perform clean boot:
- Remove battery.
- Press and hold the Restore Key.
- Insert the battery into the RS6000.
- Continue to press and hold the Restore Key for about five seconds until a chirp is heard and the Scan LEDs
- flash green.
- The RS6000 is now in its factory default configuration.
2. Scan SPP Bluetooth Classic (Non-Discoverable) barcode (e-page 44 of the RS6000 Ring Scanner User Guide) Read More>>
3. Perform Cold Boot
- Remove and re-install the battery onto the RS6000.
- The RS6000 starts to operate
- And is discoverable as a Bluetooth serial device.
4. Scan pairing barcode
At this point, the RS6000 is now connected and paired. You can test using Microsoft Wordpad or Tekterm client.
+ Applicable Products
- Omnii XT15 Mobile Computer Series
- RS6000 Ring Scanner
- VH10 Vehicle-mounted Computer