Issue / Question
How to activate Battery Swap Mode application as Device Administrator?
TC51, TC56, TC70x and TC75x
Resolution / Answer
This article provides a way to use StageNow Tool to grant Device Administrator to Battery Swap Mode application. When an application is approved as a Device Administrator, it will be notified that it can begin using the Device Administration APIs.
1. Create a profile using MX version 4.3 or higher.
2. Select Expert Mode
3. Add DevAdmin Manager.
4. Set Device Administration Action to Turn On as Device Administrator
5. Set Device Administrator Package Name to com.zebra.hotswap
6. Set Device Admin Class Name to com.zebra.hotswap.DeviceAdminSample
7. Continue to Publish and generate either a 1D or 2D barcode. See below example.
8. Scan the barcode using the StageNow client on the supported Zebra Android device.