Issue / Question
Generate a StageNow barcode to set Wi-Fi frequency band to 5 Ghz only on a Zebra Android mobile computer.
All Zebra Android devices (MC32N0 Android, MC33, MC40, MC92N0 Android, TC51, TC55, TC56, TC70, TC75, TC70x TC75x, TC80, WT6000, ET50 Android, ET55 Android)
Resolution / Answer
1. Open StageNow Tool in Administrator mode.
2. Create new Profile. Select MX version 4.3. Read More>>
3. Select Xpert Mode then hit [Create]
4. Enter profile name. Example "5_Ghz_Only" then hit [Start]
5. Under Settings tab, select Wi-Fi then hit [+]
6. Config tab should list Wi-Fi. Hit [Add] to proceed
7. RF Band default value is 'Unchanged'. Modify to 5.0Ghz and designate channels in the 5 GHz band for use by the device. For this example, will enable all 5 Ghz channels, (36-48, 52-64, 100-140 and 149-165)
8. Hit [Continue], review if needed then hit [Complete Profile>]
9. Test the completed profile.
10. From the Zebra Android device, launch the StageNow client.
11. Scan the barcode from step 9.
12. After the device has been successfully stage, close StageNow client.
13. At this point, the Wi-Fi Frequency Band is set to 5 Ghz only andchannels 36-48, 52-64, 100-140 and 149-165 are enabled.