Issue / Question
How To Set a TC70 Device to an "out of box" Factory default state using Factory Reset zip file from Support Site?
Resolution / Answer
From Factory, the device comes pre-loaded with base OS which contains applications and default settings. Resetting a device back to a "Factory Default Setting" means wiping out all applications and settings that are setup or installed by the user, return device back to state equivalent to coming out of factory.
1. Navigate on PC Browser to Zebra Support Site
2. search for TC70
3. search (select link) for appropriate device you are using (GMS, Non-GMS, FIPS)
4.search (select link) for appropriate device you are using (Lollipop, KitKat)
5. search (select link) for appropriate version OS (BSP) that is currently on device (02.10.02, 20.02, etc)
6. Select full image plus sign to expand section
7. search for File with 'RF' embedded in its naming convention (i.e., T70N0LXXARFXX02002.zip). All Factory Reset packages will contain 'RF' in the title. Read file description underneath.
(i.e., "TC70 Android Lollipop GMS Factory Reset Recovery package v20.02")
NOTE: be sure to always chose the zip file and not 'apf' file.
8. Select Download Link on the right-hand side of the window to download the zip file to your PC...
NOTE: (software entitlement will be verified at time of download if user is permitted to download the file)
9. copy the file to an external SDcard and insert into device (under battery).
10. Put the device into recovery mode (see integrator guide, page 1-10)
11. use the arrow keys to select the zip file on the external SDcard
12. process will launch and device will reboot when complete
NOTE: If you want to remove any installed Patches or Lifeguard CFE from the device you need to load the BASE OS and then do a Factory Reset
NOTE2 the 'RF' FactoryReset file will not wipe the Internal 1 GB SDcard. In order to wipe the Internal and External added SDcard the Full Factory Reset package needs to be downloaded and used.