Issue / Question
How to configure or setup to use ADB on Zebra Android devices?
TC51, TC56, TC20, TC25, TC70,TC75, TC55, MC32, MC40, MC33, MC67,MC92, MC36
Resolution / Answer
Android Debug Bridge is a command line utility or tool included in Google's android SDK.
ADB can be use with Zebra android devices and it helps application developer to setup development environment easily.
- Download ADB files from either of the following links:
. Downloading latest files directly from Google
v1.0.39 which consist only required basic files to run ADB and Fastboot.
Using option A, extra step needed to search and copy cmd.exe file then paste it to the same folder which has the adb.exe.
Note: This is not a Zebra tool but it is provided by Google.
- Download and install Zebra Android USB driver from this link.
- Unlock the Zebra device and go to Settings.
- Go to About phone from Settings.
- Look for Build number and tap continuously for 7 times on it until it prompt a message with "You are now a developer!".
- Press back button and Developer options will be appearing just right above About phone.
- Press into Developer options and look for USB debugging to enable it.
- Just click OK button if it prompt a message and asking to allow USB debugging.
- Connect the Zebra device to the PC which has the Zebra USB driver installed as well as the ADB tool.
- Go to the ADB folder and launch cmd.exe.
- Type in adb devices which it will allow you to find out all the devices that is connected to the ADB services on your computer.
- For more command line which can be used with ADB, kindly refer to this link
Note: Doing this for the very first time, it will prompt the following screenshot message. Please do tick on "Always allow from this computer" and click "OK"