Issue / Question
Device connected to WEP network and failed to obtain IP address.
WM6.5 or WEH 6.5 Devices
Resolution / Answer
- Navigate and select the WIFI Icon, Then Click on Fusion
- After clicking on Fusion, Fusion menu will appear, select Options:
- Click on the drop down menu and choose Regulatory, remove the ticked in “Enable 802.11d” checkbox, then click Save:
- Go back to Fusion Menu. Make sure the 1st option is “Disable Radio”. If it is “Enable Radio”, please click it once to enable Radio.
After clicking，”Enable Radio” will change to “Disable Radio” :
- Next, select Find WLANS to Scan available Networks:
- In Scan results, Select and long click on your desired Network, then click Create profile:
- 1st and 2nd page just remains as default and skip by clicking Next. Until the 3rd page, Please select the appropriate option which is Pre-WPA also called as WEP, then click next:
- Next, Password encryption type. For WEP, user must choose Hexadecimal key and click next. if your password is ASCII, convert it to Hex with Webtool example here>>
Note: Hexadecimal password can only be 10 or 26 character only. For 10 Character password, kindly choose WEP-40 (40/24). For 26 Character password, kindly choose WEP-104(104/24).
- After that, let other setting to be default, insert password in “Key” and insert password again in “Confirm”, go to next page:
- IPv4 Settings, Default DHCP is Checked. For Static IP configuration, please uncheck the 1st option and click next:
- Insert IP address, subnet Mask and Gateway IP address to the appropriate field. If you have DNS, please check the “Set Static DNS Address” ‘s box and click next:
- Insert DNS Server IP address. And go to next page:
- This is Antenna operating mod, Automatic is configure by default. if you required higher power, please select Power plus. Click Next:
- This is WLAN Card operating Mode. Default is fast power save, click save to complete setup.
If you wish to have Max performance, you may choose CAM mode buy power consumption is 2 times higher than fast power save mode. If you have power consumption concern, please select Max power save mode. But the performance will be lower compare to other 2 modes.
- After Save, device will choose new profile to connect automatically. Press OK and go to desktop and observe the WIFI Icon status. ICON status: Green(Good Signal), Yellow(Normal/not good), Red(Low signal):