Issue / Question
How to get the VC80x scanning with DS3608-ER in Velocity to append an Enter after a scan in 5250
VC80x, VC8300, DS3608 and LI3608
Resolution / Answer
1. On VC80x performed Enterprise Reset – SettingsàBackup and Reset this clears out all Velocity installations, and resets DataWedge to Factory Defaults.
2. You will now need to enter your credentials to get back on the Network.
3. Go in to VC Settings and Re-enable +5V output on Serial Port 1
4. Go in to DataWedge Profile0 and do the following:
Serial Port Input from Serial Port 1 – Enable this with a check mark in box
Keystroke Output – Enable this with a check mark in box
Basic data formattingàSend Enter Key – Enable this with a check mark in box
5. Back out of DataWedge pressing the Triangle button to save all changes.
6. Connect device to USB so you can transfer the Velocity to the VC80x
7. Install Velocity and launch it. This will create the com.wavelink.velocity folder in the Internal Storage
8. Within the Velocity Console create your Project and include the following Script:
9. Once your Console side configuration is complete, deploy this so it creates a new .wldep file.
10. Transfer this .wldep file to your VC80x.
11. This Key – Replace Script will perform the Enter Key Swap.
12. Field Exit button will now be the Enter
13. Enter will now be the Field Exit
14. We found that when we set the Send Enter Key in DataWedge (Basic Data Formatting) this sends a Field Exit when in Velocity. So, to get the Enter Key sent after a Scan, we need to apply the Script above to swap the Field Exit with the Enter.