Issue / Question
How to update Lollipop to Nougat for WT6000?
Resolution / Answer
- Make sure the following
- Device is updated with the CFE-WT6000-L-XX-041003-N-00-06.zip (BSP 04.10.03, LifeGuard Update 06)
- The configs are persisted using persist manager. Please refer to the Persist Manager under http://techdocs.zebra.com
- Extract the WT6000_L2N_Upgrade.zip file contents.
- Attach the USB Charge Cable to the WT6000 and to the host computer OR Place the WT6000 in a powered cradle. Connect a USB cable from the cradle to the host computer.
- Push the extracted files (WT6000_L2N_Upgrade.upl and WT6000_L2N_FPU_AOSP_12_29.zip) to root of the WT6000 internal storage.
- Press and hold the Power key until the menu appears.
- Select Reboot.
- Select OK and then immediately press and hold the P1 key until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- In the Recovery Mode screen, press P2 key to scroll down to "Apply update from emulated storage."
- Invoke the upgrade using the WT6000_L2N_Upgrade.upl file
- Press P3 key.
- After installation completes, the Recovery Mode screen appears.
- If resetting the device to Factory Reset or Enterprise Reset, select the applicable zip file and repeat the step above.
- Ensure that Reboot system now is selected.
- Press P3 key to reboot the device. The Zebra Android screen appears and the device vibrates.
- The WT6000 splash screen then appears with five white dots moving. After a little over 4 minutes the Home Screen appears.