Use regfile to export or import a registry
Article ID: 13871201
Issue / Question
How to save and load registry file on Psion Windows CE mobile computers?
Psion Windows CE mobile computers
Resolution / Answer
1. Open 'Run' dialog box then type regfile
2. This will open a pop-up window to save the registry to a .DAT file -- registry.dat. Default save location is root \ (\My Device)
3. Tap [OK] to save
To merge a registry file the command regfile must be followed with the full path to the registry file.
regfile \flash disk\registry.dat
The registry file header must be REGEDIT4 for import to work.
+ Applicable Products
- 7530 G2 Mobile Computer
- 8515 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- 8525 G2 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- 8530 G2 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- Omnii XT15
- Omnii XT15 Mobile Computer Series
- VH10 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- Workabout Pro 3
- Workabout Pro 4 Mobile Computer