Issue / Question
VC80 - PXE Boot not working
Resolution / Answer
VC80 PXE support configuration.
PXE must be configured in the VC80 BIOS as it is not enabled by default.
- A USB keyboard to Navigate and configure the BIOS menu.
- VC80 with external power source
- Ethernet connection
- Connect USB-keyboard to the VC80.
- Connect Ethernet cable to the VC80.
- Connect external power to the VC80.
- Power-on VC80.
- Press "ESC key" while booting to display the BIOS setup menu.
- Select "Advanced" TAB.
- Select "Network Stack Configuration" with the ENTER key.
- Change "Network Stack" setting to "Enabled".
- Enable the version of IP that is required (v4 and or v6).
- Press “ESC key” back to the “Advanced” menu TAB.
- Select “CSM Configuration” TAB.
- Select “Network” under the “Option ROM execution” section.
- Select “UEFI” or “Legacy” for the required PXE boot method.
- Press "F4 key" to Save & Exit
VC80 will boot up.
- Press "F7 key" during the boot process to display the “boot menu”.
- Select the correct Ethernet controller family (IP v4/IPv6)
VC80 will request an IP address via DHCP