VC80X: Touch Screen Behaviour
Article ID: 53008956
Issue / Question
VC80x touch screen behaviour is different compared to other Android devices.
• The user must apply more pressure on the icons with the finger.
• Dual-touch gestures like Pinch to Zoom and Rotate are not supported.
Resolution / Answer
- Consumer class Android devices typically have a capacitive touch screen, the VC80x is equipped with a resistive touch screen.
- The VC80x is designed with a resistive touch screen providing the following benefits:
- Better resistance against impacts.
- Better performance with thick gloves.
- Better performance in wet conditions.
- Can be heated to improve visibility in condensing environments.
- Users may need some time to get used to the capacitive/resistive performance differences.
- With the combination of the vibrator/ touch screen data entry is faster and more accurate compared to similar VCs in the market.
+ Applicable Products