Where can I find Spectre and Meltdown Security Vulnerability Updates?
Article ID: 85307121
Issue / Question
Where can I find Meltdown and Spectre Security Vulnerability Updates?
The malware can impact many modern processors and operating systems including Intel, AMD, and ARM.
Resolution / Answer
Device-specific updates can be accessed from the Spectre and Meltdown Security Vulnerability Updates page. Contact Zebra’s Technical Support Help Desk if the update for your device is not listed or scheduled to be available in the future.
WHAT ARE SPECTRE AND MELTDOWN?
Spectre and Meltdown are vulnerabilities that can be exploited as speculative execution side-channel attacks executed by malware. There are no known active exploits of either Spectre or Meltdown.
- Spectre steals data from the memory of other applications running on a machine.
- Spectre affects almost all modern processors - including those from AMD, ARM, and Intel.
- Meltdown enables reading protected memory. It can be easily fixed by OS updates.
- Meltdown seems to be limited to Intel chips.
+ Applicable Products
- ET50 ET55
- MC3200 Mobile Computer
- MC67 NA Mobile Computer
- MC67NA Base Model Mobile Computer
- VC80 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- VH10 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- WT6000 Wearable Terminal
- Workabout Pro 4 Mobile Computer