How do I Pair my Scanner to a Tablet Running Windows RT 8.1 OS?
Article ID: 06924706
How do I pair the DS3578 to a Microsoft Surface tablet? How do I pair the DS6878 to a Microsoft Surface tablet? How do I pair the LI4278 to a Microsoft Surface tablet? How do I pair the LS3578 to a Microsoft Surface tablet? How do I pair the LS4278 to a Microsoft Surface tablet? How do I pair to a tablet running the Windows RT 8.1 operating system?
Need to pair the DS3578, DS6878 , LI4278, LS4278, or LS3578 to a tablet running Windows RT 8.1
- Access the Settings charm by swiping from the lower right edge of the screen toward the left or if using a mouse, point to the upper right corner of the screen. It can also be accessed by pressing the Windows logo key or icon + C.
- Select Change PC settings.
- Select Wireless then turn Bluetooth On.
- Scan the Set Factory Defaults, BT HID Slave and Variable Pin Code bar codes to make the scanner discoverable. These bar codes are available in the scanner's Product Reference Guide available at the Zebra Enterprise Support Portal. (Read More>>).
- Select Devices then Add a device.
- Scanner is displayed in devices. Select the scanner. The serial number of the scanner assists in identifying it in the list of available devices.
- A pin code is issued. Scan the pin code followed by End of Message using the Alpha-Numeric Keyboard barcodes from the Product Reference Guide. When the pin is complete the scanner should connect indicated by a short low, short high beep sequence.
- Device connects and is ready to scan when it is listed under Devices.
- Test the scanner in any application capable of accepting keyboard input, such as OneNote. Tapping the keyboard icon in the lower right corner brings up the tablet’s keyboard.
For a printable version of this document which includes the programming bar codes click the ( Download>>) link
+ Product Codes
- DS6878-SR Cordless Bluetooth 2D Imager
- LS3578-ER Rugged Bar Code Scanner
- Symbol DS3578 Series
- Symbol LS4278 Cordless General Purpose Bar Code Scanner