The LS3408 or LS3478 can attach and send data to the serial port on a VC5090 running a Wavelink client. For communication to occur between the devices and the Wavelink client software, the serial ports must be configured on the scanner and within the Wavelink client.
Configuration is as follows:
LS3408/LS3478 scanner setup:
- Attach the LS3408 or LS3478 scanner to the com port on the VC5090.
- Pair the LS3478 (LS3478 only) to its cradle by scanning the pairing bar code on the cradle.
- Scan the Set All Defaults bar code from the appropriate scanner Product Reference Guide.
- Scan the “Standard RS232” programming bar code from the appropriate scanner Product Reference Guide.
Wavelink Client setup:
- ComPortData Entry Mode = Scanner
- ComPortBlock Data = Yes
- ComPortIgnore DSR = Yes
- ComPortIgnore Nulls = Yes
- ComPortParity Mask = 7F
- Use Com Input/Output = Yes
- Disable Scanner = Yes
- Save the Wavelink client configuration and send it to the VC5090.