Issue / Question
- How To Import Fusion Profiles and Options on the MC92N0?
- How To Import Fusion Profiles and Options on MC67?
- How To Import Fusion Profiles and Options on the VC70N0?
- How To Import Fusion Profiles and Options on the WT41N0?
- How To Import Fusion Profiles and Options on the MC40 running CE7?
- How to Import Fusion Profiles and Options Without Cold or Clean Booting MC67 WM 6.5?
Resolution / Answer
Place the exported Fusion GPDexport file into the \Application folder of an Out Of Box (OOB) device.
- If the device is running CE7 performing a cold boot, following the cold boot instructions specific to your device will cause the GPD file to be processed on boot up.
- If the device is running WM 6.5 a clean boot must be performed for the GPD file to be automatically processed on boot up.
||NOTE The importing of the GPD file is a one time only process. Once the file is imported it will automatically be renamed from GPDexport to GPDexport_imported and will not be imported a second time.
Clean boot files for the MC92N0 running WM 6.5. For more information, refer to Support and Downloads: MC9200 Clean Boot Package for Windows.
For GPD export instructions, refer to the following knowledge article: Exporting Fusion Settings and Profiles on Devices Running Fusion X-Wing.
If the mobile unit is running WM 6.5 and fusion build version X_2.01 (or higher), it is possible to trigger automatic GPD file import after a warm boot by setting the following registry key:
Please be aware that at the time this solution was updated this process had only been tested and validated on an MC67ND.