Installing Netlog on Mobile Units Running Microsoft OS
Article ID: 82773205
How to Install Netlog on WM5 mobile units? How to Install Netlog on WM6.5 mobile units? How to Install Netlog on CE5 mobile units? How to Install Netlog on CE6 mobile units? How to Install Netlog on CE7 mobile units?
MC75A , VC6090 , MC9000 and 9060 CE , VC6096 , MC75 , MC70 , MC55 , MC9200 , MC67NA , MC50 , MC9190-G , MC2180_Delete , MC55N0 , MC65 , MC67ND , MC9090 WM , MC9090 CE , MC9000 and 9060 WM , ES400 , MC9500-K , MC55A0 , MT2000 , MC55A0-HC , VC5090 , VC6000 , MC2100 , MC3100 , MC3000 , FR6x , WT4000 , MC17
To apply & run the trace tool:
If installing NetLog on a device running PPC2003 or CE4.2:
- You MUST copy netlog.dll/cpy & netlogctl.exe to the \Windows directory otherwise, the following error may occur: When starting the trace tool (by tapping the nl-start, you would get an error: ‘the file ‘netlogctl’ cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found.’
- Copy the nl-start and nl-stop shortcuts to \windows\desktop (if available) or other location if preferred (i.e. \Application folder). DEVICE\\\Windows\Desktop, or DEVICE\Application
If installing NetLog on a device running WM5 (and higher) or CE5 (and higher):
- Download the CAB file for your specific OS Version below.
- Copy CAB file to the \TEMP folder of your mobile unit.
- Run CAB file on device.
- Rebooting device after instalation will auto start NetLog.
Starting the logger:
- Tap the nl-start icon when you’re ready to begin the tracing.
Stopping the logger:
- Tap the nl-stop icon when you’re satisfied enough data has been collected.
Trace file(s) path location:
The files are generated to the \My Device root directory and called:
The default size of the trace file is 500k. The tool creates two files and constantly rolls between them when full. Use the nl-size short cut to set the log file size bigger.
Note: If you do not find netlog0.cap file, you can run nl-start.LNK file in Application folder and then re-run the tests.
- This tool logs UPPER-LAYER (no RF/MAC layer traffic) stack activity only and includes directed (unicast) frames to this specific device MAC and BC traffic seen by this device.
- Apply a wired/Ethernet filter for review:
Example: Eth.addr eq <device MAC>
- When you active sync, you are using PPP. The PPP traffic from active sync seems to overwrite rather than appends data to the netlog-x.cap files.
- You must stop the trace to copy the files off the device. I strongly suggest you stop the trace before active sync, or you may loose the event you just captured.
To download the Netlog files for Non MPA3 devices (WM5, WM6, WM6.5, CE5 and CE6) Download Files>>
To download the Netlog files for MPA3 devices (CE7) Download Files>>.
To download the Netlog files for PPC2003 and CE4.2 Download Files>>
+ Product Codes
- ES400 Enterprise Smartphone
- FR6X Mobile Computer
- MC2100 Mobile Computer
- MC3000 Mobile Device
- MC3100 Mobile Computer
- MC50 Mobile Computer
- MC55 Mobile Computer Series
- MC65 Mobile Computer
- MC67 NA Mobile Computer
- MC67ND Mobile Computer
- MC70 Mobile Computer
- MC75 3.5G Worldwide Enterprise Digital Assistant (EDA)
- MC75A Mobile Computer
- MC9000 9060 Mobile Device
- MC9090 CE Mobile Computer
- MC9090 WM Mobile Computer
- MC9190-G Mobile Computer
- MC9200 Mobile Computer
- MC9500-K Mobile Computer
- MT2000 Mobile Terminals
- VC5090 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- VC6000 Vehicle Mounted Computer
- VC6090 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- VC6096 WWAN In-Vehicle Mounted Computer
- WT4000 Wearable Mobile Computer