These instructions apply to both the CS3000 and CS3070 scanners when time and date are incorrect.
The term CS30X0 is used to apply to both model numbers.
CS30X0 firmware (product code) PAABCS00-009-R00 or later needs to be applied. (
- If attached, remove the protective cover from the scanner by using your thumb to move the cover forward until it detaches from the scanner.
- Connect the mini-USB cable provided in the box with the scanner to the mini-USB port on your scanner and the other end to a PC USB port, as shown below.
- (The optional cradle charger accessory can be used in place of the USB cable)
- Once the scanner is recognized by the PC, “open” it through the PC’s “My Computer” window, similar in the way you would access a flash drive inserted into the PC’s USB port. Typically, the PC’s desktop will have a “My Computer” icon, if not you can press the Windows logo + [E] keys simultaneously to open the “My Computer” window.
- Next Open the CS30X0 folder. It will appear as a flash drive on the PC “My Computer” window.
- Copy or “drag-and-drop” the file “PAABCS00-009-R00B0.bin into the CS30X0 folder:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner. The update will not occur until the USB cable is removed from the scanner.
- The scanner LED blinks red and green. Wait 10 seconds for the update to complete.
- The LED stops blinking when done. Reconnect USB cable to scanner.
- Save and open RTCSyncVer1.zip
- Double click setup.exe
- Click Next and follow instructions to allow wizard to install CS30xx RTC Sync application
- Click RTCSync icon on Desktop or select RTCSync from Start>Programs
- Application launches
- Press Sync button sync
- Sync button changes indicating it is processing
- Sync is complete