Issue / Question
How do I use RTC Sync to set the CS3000’s time and date?
How do I use RTCSync to set the CS3070’s time and date?
How to set my CS3000’s time and date using the RTC Sync?
Resolution / Answer
These instructions apply to both the CS3000 and CS3070 Companion Scanners when the time and date are set incorrectly. The term CS30X0 is used to apply to both model numbers.
- If attached, remove the protective cover from the scanner using your thumb to move the cover forward until it detaches from the scanner.
- Connect the mini-USB cable provided in the box with the scanner to the mini-USB port on your scanner and the other end to a PC USB port, as shown below. (The optional cradle charger accessory can be used in place of the USB cable).
- Once the scanner is recognized by the PC, open it through the PC’s My Computer window, similar to the way you would access a flash drive inserted into the PC’s USB port.
Typically, the PC’s desktop will have a My Computer icon. Otherwise, you can press the Windows logo + [E] keys simultaneously to open the My Computer window.
- Open the CS30X0 folder. It will appear as a flash drive on the PC’s My Computer window.
- Copy or drag-and-drop the file PAABCS00-009-R00B0.bin into the CS30X0 folder:
- Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner. The update will not occur until the USB cable is removed from the scanner.
- The scanner LED blinks red and green. Wait 10 seconds for the update to complete.
- The LED stops blinking when it is complete. Reconnect the USB cable to the scanner.
- Save and open the RTCSyncVer1.zip.
- Double-click setup.exe.
- Click Next and follow the instructions to allow the wizard to install CS30xx the RTC Sync application.
- Click the RTCSync icon on Desktop or select RTCSync from Start > Programs.
- The application will launch.
- Press the Sync button.
- Changes on the Sync button indicate that it is processing.
- Sync is complete.