LS3578 & DS3578 Static Bluetooth Pairing on Windows 7 devices
Article ID: 69874843
How do I pair my LS3578 or DS3578 to a Windows 7 device using a static pin code?
Unable to successfully pair a DS3578 or LS3578 to a Windows 7 device via Static PIN code.
1. Scan the Set Factory Defaults barcode:
Set Factory Defaults
2. Scan the Bluetooth Keyboard HID Slave barcode.
Radio - HID Keyboard (Slave)
3. On the Windows 7 device, right click the Bluetooth icon, and select Add a device.
4. When you see your LS3578 or DS3578 appear as a keyboard, right click the device and click Properties.
5. A window will pop up and show "This device offers the following services...." Select the check box that says HID Keyboard, mouse. Do not select any other check boxes.
6. Click OK.
7. The device will disappear from the window. It should pair up within 30 seconds. If it does not, pull the trigger and wait another 15 seconds.
8. Your device is now paired and ready for use.
This method will only work depending on the host (pc/laptop/tablet) that the LS3578 or DS3578 is being paired to. The Bluetooth stack on the host device may not support this.
+ Product Codes
- LS3578-ER Rugged Bar Code Scanner
- Symbol DS3578 Series