MC9190 CE6.0: RS6000 Bluetooth scanner (SSI MODE)
Article ID: 85614837
Topic or Information
How to pair and connect an RS6000 Bluetooth ring scanner to an MC9190 Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 mobile computer?
Clean boot the RS6000
1. Remove battery.
2. Press and hold the Restore Key.
3. Insert the battery into the RS6000.
4. Continue to press and hold the Restore Key for about five seconds until a chirp is heard and the Scan LEDs flash green.
* The RS6000 is now in its factory default configuration.
From the MC9190
1. Start > BTScannerCtlPanel > Enable check box
2. Select COM5
3. then choose “Save and Exit” on top
4. Start > BT Information > Generate Local BD Address Barcode (scan this barcode with the RS6000)
5. Tap OK to close BT Information BT address screen
6. Tap X to close BT Information
1. Launch Datawedge on the MC9190
2. On Datawedge main menu, click “Running” twice. Choose “Basic Config” afterwards
3. Choose Option 1 – Scanner Input
4. Choose “Bluetooth SSI Scanner Driver” (option 2)
5. Choose “Enabled” therefore putting a check mark next to it, then click “Home” on top right
6. Exit (option 0), then OK to acknowledge
7. Tap on Running to toggle to Yes
8. At this point, DataWedge will show a status of Ready
9. Tap OK to close DataWedge
* At this point, the RS6000 is now connected and paired. You can test using DataWedge Demo
+ Applicable Products
- MC9190-G Mobile Computer
- RS6000 Ring Scanner