Remote Desktop Connection Troubleshooting and Terminal Services Server Common Issues and Fixes
Article ID: 56252792
The mobile device cannot connect to the remote server. Remote Desktop Terminal Services Server Errors 0xc000018 0x80090304
MC75A , VC6090 , VC70N0 , WT41N0 , VC6096 , MC9000 and 9060 CE , MC75 , MC70 , MC55 , MC9200 , MC67NA , MC50 , MC9190-G , MC55N0 , MC65 , MC67ND , MC9090 WM , MC9090 CE , MC9000 and 9060 WM , ES400 , MC9500-K , MC45 , MC55A0 , MC55A0-HC , MC67 , VC5090 , VC6000 , VC70 , MC2100 , MC3000 , MC3100 , WT4000 , MC17
Device Side Issues
- The Date and Time is set incorrectly on the device
- Set the date and time on the device
- The domain is not specified when connecting (Error 0xc000018b)
- Try hostname: computername.domain.com
- Try username: domain\username
- If you have a Windows CE device
- Try: In the “Advanced” settings of the client, change the authentication setting to “Connect, even if authentication fails”
- If you have a Windows CE 7 device
- Error 0x8009304 - Read More>> in an article 4809 (Read More>>)
- If your server uses a SHA2 or 2048-bit certificate:
- Windows CE 5, Windows Mobile 5, 6 - You will not be able to connect to your server with this device.
- Windows Mobile 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.3, and Windows Embedded Handheld (WEH) builds less than 29299 - You must update your OS to WEH build 29299 or higher. These are available on the product page for your device.
- Windows CE6
- GUI Errors
- Redraw issue
- 14 Character max in username field
- Update to the latest OS Version
- Windows CE7
- WT41N0 Client not visible
- MC92N0 Client not visible
- Windows Mobile 6.1
- Client is missing
Server Side Issues
- The security settings in general may be too strict to allow the client on the device to connect, lower them to allow it.
- Navigate to Start > Administrative Tools > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration.
- With RD Session Host Configuration selected view under Connections.
- Right click RDP Listener with connection type Microsoft RDP x.y and choose Properties.
- In general tab of properties dialog box under Security, select RDP Security Layer as the Security Layer.
- Click OK
- If you recently configured Remote Desktop Licensing or receive the error: “Because of a security error, the client could not connect to the remote computer. Verify that you are logged on to the network, and then try connecting again.”
- Go to RD Licensing Manager
- Right click on your Licensing Server name and select properties.
- Change Connection Method to 'Web Browser'
- Go back to the Licensing Server and right click on your server. Select Advanced -> 'Reactivate Server'
- Reactive server via the given Wizard + web browser
- Delete the following registry keys (they will be reset when you reboot) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\RCM
- X509 Certificate
- X509 Certificate ID
- X509 Certificate2
- or try additional the solutions on this link - Read More>>.
- . If you receive “An internal error has occurred” error message from the remote desktop client:
- You may need to setup/enable a domain for the server
- You may need to setup/enable licensing servers for the server
- Try disabling Network Level Authentication (NLA) in your remote desktop services role
After each step, check to see if the error has changed or the issue has been resolved.
+ Product Codes
- ES400 Enterprise Smartphone
- MC2100 Mobile Computer
- MC3000 Mobile Device
- MC3100 Mobile Computer
- MC45 Mobile Computer
- MC50 Mobile Computer
- MC55 Mobile Computer Series
- MC65 Mobile Computer
- MC67 NA Mobile Computer
- MC67ND Mobile Computer
- MC70 Mobile Computer
- MC75 3.5G Worldwide Enterprise Digital Assistant (EDA)
- MC75A Mobile Computer
- MC9090 CE Mobile Computer
- MC9090 WM Mobile Computer
- MC9190-G Mobile Computer
- MC9200 Mobile Computer
- MC9500-K Mobile Computer
- VC5090 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- VC6000 Vehicle Mounted Computer
- VC6090 Vehicle-mounted Computer
- WT4000 Wearable Mobile Computer