Topic or Information
How to connect the RS507 in SPP mode to an Omnii mobile computer?
On the Omnii:
[XT15 / VH10 CE6.0]
1. Enable Bluetooth (from Start> Settings> Control Panel> Bluetooth> Mode tab)
2. Enable Scanner service (from Start> Settings> Control Panel> Bluetooth> Servers tab)
1. Enable Bluetooth (from Start> Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Mode tab)
2. Enable Scanner service (from Start> Settings> Connections> Bluetooth> Servers tab)
On the RS507:
1. Perform a Clean Boot
- Remove the battery from the RS507.
- Press and hold the Restore key.
- Install the Battery onto the RS507.
- Keep holding the Restore key pressed for about five seconds until a chirp is heard and the Scan LEDs flash green.
- The RS507 is now in its factory default configuration
2. Scan SPP barcode (e-page 192 of the RS507 Product Reference Guide) Read More>>
3. Perform a Cold Boot
- Remove and re-install the battery onto the RS507.
- The RS507 starts to operate.
- And is discoverable as a BT serial device.
4. Scan pairing barcode
5. Back to the XT15 / VH10, enter pairing pin 12345
At this point, the RS507 is now connected and paired. You can test using Microsoft Wordpad or Tekterm client.